Chiquita Brands International, Inc.Read More
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Pilot Plant Design + CM
CRB provided full architectural, engineering and construction management services to retrofit existing warehouse space into a cleanroom pilot plant for the chemical synthesis of active pharmaceutical ingredients.
CRB initially performed a basis-of-design study providing a +/-30% construction cost estimate for management approval and was subsequently awarded detailed design and full construction management services.
- The pilot plant renovation was approximately 7,000 square feet and capable of approximately 30KG production quantities.
- The area included two separate 200-liter reactor skids of hastelloy and glass lined steel.
- The pilot plant was also equipped with centrifugation, filter dryer and conical dryer unit operations.
- The entire pilot plant area was designed for solvents and hazardous materials.
- The pilot plant also included the addition of a process chiller, temperature control modules, vacuum pumps, scrubber and purified water system.